Nihon Nohyaku Co., Ltd. (hereinafter, the “Company”) has established the “Policy concerning the Management and Protection of Personal Information.” In line with this policy, we endeavor to properly protect personal information of all people who provide personal information to the Company (hereinafter, each such person is referred to as the “person”).
1.Definition of “Personal Information”
“Personal information” refers to information concerning individuals such as name, age, birth date, gender, address, phone number, e-mail address, place of employment, and other information for which the individual specified can be identified by one item or a combination of two or more of items as described above.
2.Acquisition of Personal Information
Whenever the Company receives a person’s personal information, it specifies in advance the purpose for which the personal information will be used (hereinafter, “purpose of use”).
However, the Company will not collect, utilize, or provide sensitive information such as information regarding a person’s race, nationality, ancestry, lineage, birthplace, registered domicile, religion, political views, or membership of workers’ unions.
When a person provides personal information to the Company under any of the following conditions, the Company may utilize said personal information for the purpose of introducing its products and services as well as providing various information unless the person objects to such use:
- When the person provides personal information in a business meeting with an officer or employee of the Company or by the exchange of business cards
- When the person provides personal information by the exchange of business cards at an event, briefing meeting, or seminar, etc.
3.Management of Personal Information
The Company manages personal information in a diligent manner. It incorporates both technical and organizational means to constantly maintain the precautions necessary to safeguard personal information from unauthorized access and from being lost, destroyed, altered, or leaked.
In addition, the Company provides its employees with the necessary education regarding the proper management of personal information.
4.Use of Personal Information
The Company will use personal information within the scope of the purpose of acquisition it stated in advance.
The Company will not use personal information outside the scope of the purpose of use, except under one or more of the following conditions:
- 1.When the person has given his/her consent
- 2.When personal information is used in a manner whereby the person cannot be identified (e.g., statistical data)
- 3.When the use of personal information outside the scope of the purpose of use is authorized under relevant laws, ordinances, or guidelines
5.Disclosing Personal Information to a Third Party
The Company will not disclose personal information to any third parties except under one or more of the following conditions:
- 1.When the person has given his/her consent
- 2.When personal information is disclosed in a manner whereby the person cannot be identified (e.g. statistical data)
- 3.When personal information is disclosed within the scope necessary to perform the purpose of use to an outsourcing contractor, etc. of the Company with whom the Company has signed an agreement obliging said contractor to preserve confidentiality
- 4.The person has made an inquiry or request for information and the Company discloses the person’s personal information to a special agent, etc. of the Company after deeming it appropriate for said agent to deal with the inquiry or request in light of the nature of the inquiry or request.
- 5.When a part or the entirety of the business operations of the Company is succeeded by another company (the Company will make every possible effort so that the successor does not leak personal information or use personal information for purposes other than the purpose of use)
- 6.When disclosure to third parties is authorized by relevant laws, ordinances, or guidelines
- 7.When a judicial or administrative organization has ordered the disclosure or provision of personal information pursuant to laws and ordinances
- 8.When personal information is disclosed or shared between the Company and its subsidiaries or between the subsidiaries within the scope necessary to perform the purpose of use.
6.Inquiries about Personal Information
When a person or an agent recognized to be acting on the person’s behalf requests disclosure of the relevant personal information within a reasonable scope, the Company will respond to such request promptly and in accordance with procedures specified by Cabinet Order.
When a person or an agent recognized to be acting on the person’s behalf wishes to request a correction of, addition to, or deletion of personal data held by Company for the reason that the content of the personal data is incorrect, the person or agent should contact the department or employee to whom the personal information was provided (or the contact details shown on the relevant webpage in the case that the information was provided via the Internet), and the matter will be dealt with promptly.
7.Management of Personal Information, etc. on the Website
○Cookies1 or IP addresses2 may be used on a website operated by the Company or an agency of the Company for the following purposes:
- 1.To identify the causes of and resolve problems arising at web servers
- 2.To improve the contents of website and emails, etc.
- 3.To personalize the contents of website and emails
- 4.To use the person’s browsing history the results of questionnaires for marketing activities related to the members’ services system, in which the person’s personal information has been registered in advance
- 5.To obtain aggregated site visitation statistics in such a way that the individual person cannot be identified
○SSL (Secure Sockets Layer)
The Company will use encryption by SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) or other security technologies to prevent third parties tapping into the communication process when the person provides his/her personal information through the Company website.
However, in some rare cases, it may not be possible to use such technologies because of the person’s computer environment. In such cases, the Company will state on the website that security cannot be ensured in the communication process.
8.Compliance with Laws and Ordinances
The Company strictly observes all laws, ordinances in Japan, and our internal regulations relating to personal information.
Sumitaka Kose, Director, Senior Managing Executive Officer
Nihon Nohyaku Co. Ltd.
1 A Cookie is a file containing identification information that is sent by a server and stored on the user’s web browser for the purpose of enhancing the functionality of the website (for example, Cookies can enable automatic login or personalize the content of the website to the user). Users can disable Cookies by configuring their browser settings to reject Cookies. However, doing so might prevent the user from being able to fully utilize the functions of the website.
2 An IP address (Internet Protocol address) is a numerical label that is assigned to the user’s computer by his/her internet service provider. An IP address consists of four sets of three numbers (e.g., 255.255.255.255). During an exchange between a server and browser, an IP address is used by a server to identify the computer accessing it. Please note that the Company is unable to identify a user’s computer through an IP address.